Our first stop was the Provo Farmer's market. Dad and I both agreed it was more like the Provo Craft's market. It is still so early in the season, that about the only thing the "farmers" were selling was radishes. However, we were able to get Ellie a sample of a Belgian Waffle, so all was well in the world. The great thing about this Farmer's Market is that it was at a park, and they had a nice playground for Ellie. So we let Ellie run around and play on the slides and swings. Both my father and I had our cameras at the Farmer's Market. However, being the smart, intelligent men that we are, neither of us used our cameras at the park. So the only pictures we have of this, are the ones that are in our head.
After awhile at the playground, Ellie uttered her favorite phrase, "Daddy, I'm hungry." Dad wanted to go to IHOP for pancakes, and when Ellie heard pancakes that sounded great to her. So we started driving to IHOP, and that didn't sound so good to me. So I mentioned McDonalds, and agreed to go to McDonalds. As we were pulling into McDonalds, I realized that it was after 11:00 and therefore there would be no pancakes. I braced for the worst. However, my father being the smart man that he is, asked Ellie if she wanted Chicken McNuggets. Ellie looked at me and said I don't want pancakes, I want chicken nuggets. Disaster adverted.
We had lunch, and sat across a couple that said how all three of us look alike, then it was off to the hospital. Illness and injury were not the cause of our visit. We needed to go visit Grandma Debbi at work. So we did that, saw a couple newborns and impressed the labor and delivery nurses of Orem Community Hospital with Ellie's extreme intelligence. Then it was off to Temple #1 for the day. Mt. Timpanogos.

Thankfully Dad was there and he was able to get some good pictures of Ellie, and I was even in a couple of them. :)
After that, we came home, took a really long nap, and then it was off to the Provo Temple with Grandma Debbi and Poppa Jim. Then it was time to go home and eat pizza and watch some tv to end the night.
Ellie has now seen 14 temples out of the 116 that are out there. The plan is to see 10 more before we go home. I am hoping that even though Ellie is so young, that going to see them will help to give her an appreciation of them when she is older.
No comments:
Post a Comment