Well we have come to the last weekend of our 3-week adventure. This morning I woke-up around 8:30 and was out the door by 9:00 for a run. I wasn't sure how far I was going to go, but I decided to do my 16 mile run. So I got on the jogging trail and ran to the Illinois-Wisconsin border. I had to stop and walk a couple times, but despite that I was still able to run at a 8:20 pace. It was a beautiful day for a run, and I really enjoyed it. Once I got back I went over to Hank's as Mom and Ellie were over there visiting Linda, and a couple of their grandkids - Delaney and James-Patrick. I took them out on Hank and Linda's mule (4-wheeler, not animal) and then I did some 4-wheeling myself. We grabbed some lunch and then Mom, Ellie, Hank, Linda and myself headed off to the Rockford Air Show.
The air show was pretty cool. We missed the first half, but I was okay with that. I have been to a couple before and they are so long. The best part of the air show was seeing the Ospry fly vertically and backwards. Although it was pretty cool to see the F-22 Osprey. That thing can do just about anything it wants. Unfortunately they had to cut their flight short, because something broke. So we went home. Once we got back to the house I took Ellie 4-wheeling and we were able to see 5 deer running around Hank's property. Then it was back to the house where we watched the NASCAR race. Ellie fell asleep while that was going on, so once the race was over, I brought her back to the house where I did some laundry while Ellie slept and Mom stayed over at Hank and Linda's to watch some movie with Linda.
Tomorrow we are going to have dinner with Hank, Linda, my cousin Tim and his kids, before heading off to Minneapolis for the night. It should be fun!
WEDNESDAY, 22 MAY 2019
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment