Friday, December 31, 2010

Well... that's a wrap

2010 is in the books. I can't believe 2011 is already here. Ellie and I have had quite the adventures, despite the lack of blog updates. I think it is safe to say that 2010 was a fantastic year for the two of us. If you doubt that, then just consider the following-
  • January - Weekend trip to Phoenix where I ran the Rock N Roll half marathon and we got to ride the train.
  • March/April - Spring Break trip to Utah where Ellie got to play in the snow
  • May - Ellie's Spring Program, where she had a line, and a 20 mile run on the beach
  • June - Another trip to Utah where I ran in the Utah Valley Marathon and Ellie participated in the 5K with Mom and Amy
  • July - Trip to Lake Arrowhead with some of my favorite people in the world
  • October - Trip to St. George for the St. George Marathon
  • November - Thanksgiving with the whole family
  • December - Trip to Idaho to see Grandma and Grandpa Davis
The upcoming year will be an interesting one for me and Ellie. Where will I be for the next few years. We know that it could be Alabama, but not Texas. However, Provo and Eugene are still in the running until they tell me that they don't want me. It will be a long few years, but it will pay huge rewards in the future.  I am hoping to ultimately stay in Provo or Eugene, so that I am no more than a day's drive from Ellie. However if I end up in Alabama, I will figure out the way to make things work.

Going forward, I am going to try and do this thing, like my favorite sister-in-law in the world, does hers. Small snippets here and there of whatever catches my fancy. There may be times where I write a novel, but I want to make sure I catch the small, silly things that Ellie and I do. Like today when Ellie and I were rocking out in the car while driving up the icy roads of Provo Canyon. I am not sure if it is a good thing, but she loves Eminem's new songs and I have fun watching her rock out.

Before I end this post, I wanted to say thanks to a lot of people who have made this year a truly incredible one. I seriously couldn't have done it without any of you. So here goes nothing...

Thanks to my-

Family
  • Mom and Dad
  • Ben, Kristi, Tyler, Nicole and Zach. And I guess Tori too. :)
  • Amy and Anna
  • Stan, Debbi and Haylee
  • Tom, Lois, Sharon, Christine, Kelsey, Kelly, Larry, Travis, Nathan and Lindsay
Saugus 2nd Ward
  • Royce and Kristin, Mike and Jaimee, Ryan and Megan, Bryan and Tammy and their families
  • Bishop Vandermark
  • Ed and Jolene
  • Roger and Dorothy
  • Ellie would also like to send a special thanks to Charlie Haslam for being her first kiss and Kaylee Tolentino for being one of her best friends
Fullerton
  • Dan, Barry and Dr. Brown
  • Jason, Caitlin, Dan, Jeremy, Kelly
  • Anyone that allowed me to take their core temperature via a probe :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment