Ellie and I hung out in SoCal this week. I have a ton going on with school, so Kim watched her through Saturday morning. We met at Noah's and ate a little bit of breakfast. Actually Kim and Ellie at breakfast. I was still feeling the effects of my 16-mile run from earlier in the morning, and food didn't sound good. Instead I watch Ellie run around the little patio area, and learned that Ellie will tell people that big dogs aren't, in fact, dog, but they are bears. People aren't really sure what to say when a little girl tells them that their dog is a bear.
After breakfast, Ellie and I headed off to the zoo. She really wanted to see a giraffe, so we went and saw the giraffe. For some reason only 1 of them was out when we were there, but one is better than none. So saw most of the animals, and Ellie played at the playground for awhile, before we headed up to Santa Clarita. We got up there and were going to go to Subway for lunch, but Ellie had just fallen asleep, so we hung out in the car for about an hour while she slept. Once she woke-up we went to Subway and had lunch.
Next stop for the day was the playground. Ellie had an absolute blast. I still can't believe how social she is. Almost immediately she went up to this little girl who was digging a hole in the sand and Ellie asked if she could help. The little girl said yes and they spent the next 30 minutes digging a hole in the sand. How fun is that? She also ended up playing with a little boy for awhile. They kicked a soccer ball back and forth as well as chased each other all over the place. It was fun to see her have so much fun.
Finally, we went over to my friends Mike and Jaimee's house. They were nice enough to let us crash there for Saturday and Sunday night. Ellie was excited all day to go there, because she wanted to play with their 2-year old daughter Kaylee. I think Ellie thinks she is Kaylee's oldest daughter. That night Mike and Jaimee invited some of other friends over and we had a game night, with 8 kids in the house (Ellie and Kaylee and 6 others). Once that was over, it was bedtime.
Sunday was pretty typical. We woke-up, got ready for church, came home and took a nap. The cutest thing of the weekend was after Sacrament Meeting was over. As soon as it was over, Ellie grabbed Kaylee's hand and walked her to the nursery. Ellie dropped her off, and told Kaylee she would pick her up after nursery was over. Then Ellie proceeded to go to her class. Once church was over, Ellie was anxious to go pick up Kaylee from the nursery, which we did. After that was accomplished, we went back to Mike and Jaimee's for a nap.
Once the nap was over, Ellie, Tyler (Kaylee's older brother) and I made cookies, before heading over to Jaimee's parents house for dinner. Dinner was great. This was the 2nd time Ellie and I have had Sunday dinner with their family. It was a lot of fun. Jaimee's parents are great, as her youngest brother and his wife. Ellie and Kaylee had a blast playing with Kaylee's cousin on the trampoline.
Once dinner was over, it was back to Mike and Jaimee's where we got all the kids ready for bed. Before bed, they all watched an episode of Curious George. Then Ellie fought me for a few minutes, but she finally went to bed, and that was our weekend. All in all it was a great weekend. However, before I forget there are two other things I want to say.
First... last week at church Ellie decided to sing the hymns. This is great, but it was hilarious. Obviously, she doesn't know the words to the hymns, nor does she know the tune. However, that didn't stop her. She was singing at the top of her lungs, and she was singing about all sorts of things. It was so funny, that Amy had to step outside into the foyer because she was laughing so much.
Second, and perhaps more importantly to me. I am so thankful for my friends. I have been extremely blessed to be surrounded by such great people. The last 18 months have been difficult to say the least. Having such a great family and Amy has helped so much. However, my friends are nearly as important in where I am at. They have been such a support, and they have helped so much. So to Mike, Jaimee, Ryan, Megan, Royce, Kristen and Tammy and everyone else... thanks. I don't know where I would be without you guys...
No comments:
Post a Comment