Another weekend, another trip to St. George. This trip started off pretty close as the last trip. I had a basketball game Thursday night, but since I didn't have anyone to watch Ellie, she stayed with Kim. Immediately after the game I drove to Pasadena, picked up Ellie and it was off to St. George. However this time we didn't stop in Vegas, because we were on the road about 45 minutes earlier. This meant we ended up in St George around 3:30 in the morning.
Ellie woke up at some insane time, and I took her downstairs and turned on Toy Story. Don't you love my parenting technique? However, both of us fell asleep before the movie ended. Once we woke up and got ready for the day, Amy and Anna were both going back to sleep. So Ellie and I went out and did some shopping for Mothers Day.
After doing some grocery shopping on Saturday, Ellie and I made some white-chocolate chip, macadamia nut cookies. Apparently this was the weekend of cooking, as we made pot roast and German Chocolate cake on Sunday.
On Sunday, Ellie and I slept in, but I still wanted to go to church. I forgot that the ward Amy is in meets at 11, and so I was stressing to get to the 9:00 ward. We showed up a little late, but we still were there for part of the first hour. Once we got there, I realized I didn't recognize a single person there. It was then when I realized that Amy's ward meets at 11:00. Oh well, that would just mean we would be home from church by noon.
Once church ended, we went home, ate some lunch and hung out for awhile. Later in the afternoon we went over to Amy's parents' house and hung out for awhile. Her entire family that lives in St. George was there, so that was nice. It was fun to see them all fuss over Anna, who just wanted to sleep. When we got home Ellie and I cleaned up and packed for the return trip. Then I helped Amy put Anna down for the night, before I went to sleep since I had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to drive back to SoCal.
WEDNESDAY, 22 MAY 2019
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment