So we quickly packed up and got in the car and drove to Vernal. The trip didn't start well, as less than a mile from my parents house I was pulled over by a Provo City cop. I was speeding as I drove down the hill from Orem into Provo. I was even thinking I was speeding as I started to slow down. Alas, it was too little, too late. Thankfully the guy was really nice, and I was let off with a warning.
After spending about 20 minutes there, we hopped in the car, filled up with some gas, grabbed some McDonald's and started the drive back to Orem. It took us about 2:15 to get home. We could have made the trip a little faster, but due to construction and a semi that thought 30 mph was the appropriate speed to go on the highway, we didn't have a chance. At least Ellie took a nap on the way home, so that was good. She slept for about an hour, and would slept longer, but she woke up when I took a left turn pretty hard. When she woke-up, she announced that was not very nice for me to wake her up.
We came home and Ellie played with Grandma, while I watched the U.S. choke against Italy in the Confederation's Cup. That is soccer for those of you that don't know. We then had soft pork tacos for dinner and strawberry shortcake. After that Ellie took a bath and I went running. When I got home, Ellie announced it was time for bed, and she went right to sleep. It is amazing how pleasant she is, when she gets a nap. :)
On tomorrow's docket is going to Thanksgiving Point, seeing Up and/or going to a baseball game (weather permitting). So much stuff to do, so little time. I also get to go golfing with Dad. With my luck I will lose to him by 1 stroke, as he hits a long putt to win.
No comments:
Post a Comment