
So today started off at 7:00 in the morning. At least it did for me and my dad. We went golfing at good, old Cascade golf course. The round started off horribly, but I ended up playing pretty well. The bad thing was the fact that my dad hit a 15 foot par putt on the last hole to beat me by one. Aargghhh. I hate to lose, but I had an absolute blast golfing, and hope I get to do it again. However, that has nothing to do with the adventures that Ellie and I are having. So in otherwords, I digress...

After I got back from my crushing loss to Dad in golf, I came back to my parents house and hung out with Ellie and Mom for awhile. Then we decided to go to Thanksgiving Point, so we could go to the petting zoo and Ellie could reach Chief. For those of you that haven't heard the story, Chief is the little horse, that Ellie rode back in September. Around the end of October I was trying to remember the name of the horse. So I asked Ellie in case she remembered. She not only told me that the name of the horse was Chief, but she demonstrated how he rode him. Instead of holding the saddle horn, she just placed both hands on top of the saddle horn. Anyway... back to the events of today. So we made the decision to go Thanksgiving Point and then go see the movie Up. However, we weren't just going to see the regular version, we decided to go see the 3-D version. After that we were going to go to the baseball game. All in all a full day of events.

Before going to Thanksgiving Point, my mom decided that we needed to go get Ellie some sunglasses. However, Ellie couldn't just have any sunglasses, Mom had to get her sunglasses from the Disney store. That meant a quick trip to the mall. Since it was only 9:45 when we got to the mall, we pretended to be mall-walkers and walked around the mall for awhile. Anyway, we went to the Disney store. We went in for to get a pair of sunglasses, but ended up leaving with a plate, bowl, silverware and a pair of sunglasses. I think it is safe to say that Ellie has Mom wrapped around her little finger. :)
After that we finally made it to Thanksgiving Point. We got to see lots of animals, including a baby calf, a colt and a 6 day old lamb. Ellie is still a little frightened by the animals, and it was hard to get her to pet any of them. Although she would pet the baby horse, but that is about it. We went over to ride the horses, so Ellie could ride Chief. However, we were told that Chief was taking the day off. I think Ellie would have ridden Chief, but she wasn't about to ride another horse. We couldn't even convince her to ride Nutmeg, who is Chief's best friend. Anyway, we wandered around the petting zoo and saw all sorts of different animals, before heading home to eat lunch and take a nap.

Going to the movie, ended up being the last big adventure that was planned for the day. We decided against the baseball game, because it was in Salt Lake City and it looked it was going to rain. We didn't want to drive all the way up to Salt Lake only to have to come back home. It sounds like we missed a good game, but what can you do. Anyway, Up is a fantastic movie. It may very well be my favorite Pixar movie, even though the first ten minutes made me want to cry. It was really cool to see it in 3-D. I haven't ever seen a movie in 3-D before, it is a completely different experience. Ellie also enjoyed the movie, and she managed to sit through the entire movie. My guess is having a gallon of popcorn helped, but whatever works... right?
Finally, just a quick note on how the note ended. I was getting ready to go running, and so Ellie asked Grandma to give her a bath. Grandma said yes, and so Ellie went upstairs to the bathroom. I was finishing getting ready downstairs, when all of the sudden Dad realized that Ellie was the only one upstairs. So I went upstairs and my fears were confirmed. Ellie had locked herself in the bathroom. I tired to get her to unlock the door, but all she kept saying was she can't. Well she said that, and that she was stinky. You can only imagine my horror. We ended up having to take the doorknob off so we could get into the bathroom. My fears were confirmed, but thankfully Grandma took care of everything and that is how the night ended.
I am not sure what we are going to do tomorrow. Mom and Dad both have to work and Zach isn't feeling so good these days. We have talked about making cookies and/or pretzels. We may even drive up to Logan in the morning if Ellie wakes up and asks to go to a temple. Visiting Grandpa on campus is also a possibility. It is kind of nice to not have to worry about what I am going to do on a given day.
And flip flops! LOL I love having you guys here. Saturday is going to be so sad. :-( Have fun today!
ReplyDelete