Thursday, August 27, 2009

Almost home...

Well there aren't pictures for today, and I am kicking myself because I should have taken a couple, but what can you do? Nothing terribly exciting happened. I woke-up, Ellie was helping Mom can beans or tomatoes or some other vegetable, and so I went running. It was a difficult run and so I cut it short. It felt like there was concrete in my shoes.

I went back to Mom's, got a haircut, finished packing and then we hung out for a little while before going to Carabba's for lunch. I had some chicken Parmesan, said goodbye to Mom and the Ellie got in the trusty Xterra and drove the 260 miles to St. George, which is where we ended the night.

Apparently St. George has some really good ice cream made by a company called Blue Bunny, so I went and had some of that, and afterwards I hung out with Kari and Lonnie for awhile and now it is time to go to bed.

We are about 400 miles from home, and should be getting in late tomorrow afternoon. I am dreading go back to SoCal because it is blazing hot there right now. Aarrghh.

No comments:

Post a Comment