Thursday, August 13, 2009

Elephant Ears and Llamas

Today was another lazy day, but it started out crazy early. Ben and I went golfing with 3 of Kristi's cousins. That was great. Unfortunately we had to get up just after 5:00 since we had a 6:00 tee time. That wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but we had played basketball the night before, and then played PS3 until 1:00ish in the morning. However, I shot my best round ever - 86, including driving a par 4 in one. So it was all good.

Anyway I get home, and Ellie, Nicole and I decide to go get doughnuts. We went to this great place in Vancouver called Dot Doughnuts. They have amazing flavors like coconut cream, smores and passion fruit. So we brought the doughnuts back to everyone and we all partook.

After that, Mom played with all the kids for awhile, before I put Ellie down for a nap. While she was napping, I went for a run, which was great fun. I ran on the jogging path next to Lake Vancouver. When I got back, Ben was home, and we got all the kids ready and we went to the Clark County Fair.

As we were rolling into the fair, the rains came. So I was worried we were going to get there, only to have to run around and go home. Thankfully about the time we parked, the rain essentially stopped and we were able to go to the fair.

You can't go to the fair without having some good, old-fashioned fair food. So we got Elephant Ears and corn dogs. I wasn't feeling like eating too much fried food, so I only ate a little bit of an Elephant Ear (fried bread dough with sugar, cinnamon, and butter). Ellie loved them. Of course who wouldn't love something like that?

Once that mission was completed, it was time for the rides. The first ride was a roller coaster for Nicole, Mom and Tyler. Ellie didn't want to go, because she doesn't like roller coasters. For some reason she thought I was going to force her to go on it, so she had a mini-meltdown, but we worked through that, and we were able to get Ellie onto her first ride - the swings. She rode with Nicole and absolutely loved it. After that she was ready to ride in the cars. This time she rode with Tyler and had an absolute blast as well. So it made for a great time.

Since we had just spent $25 for those rides, we decided that was enough money spent on the rides, so we wandered around and saw the show animals. The kids got a kick out seeing the cows, llamas, and goats (they aren't sheep). Then it was almost bedtime, so we went back home and got the kids ready for bed. I packed everything up to get ready for the drive to Richland and Idaho Falls. The night was ended up by watching Anchorman and playing PS3 with Ben.

This week so far has been a lot of fun, but unfortunately it went by way too fast... but doesn't it always. I wish we lived closer to Ben and his family, but it dawned on me I have seen him 5 times in the past 15 or 16 months, so it isn't too bad, and we will see each other next month for Cody's wedding.

So there you go. Today's stats - 550 miles, 1 dozen gourmet doughnuts, 1 amazing golf round, 1 trip to the fair, and 0 sheep.

1 comment: