Once we landed, we waited for a little while for my Aunt Linda to pick us up. As always she was fashionably late, but that was fine. We weren't in a big rush. She picked us up, and within 90 seconds she was pulled over for speeding by a cop. She was doing 62 in a 45, and got nailed in this speed trap. There were 3 other cars that were pulled over about the same time. Somehow she managed to get out of the ticket, and we were on our way. Even though Linda isn't a member she wanted to take us by the Chicago temple, so we went there and got plenty of pictures with Mom, Ellie and me. The Chicago temple looks like the Boise temple, but I think it is prettier. I was also able to get better pictures at the Chicago temple, which was nice. I am still trying to figure out this photography thing. Once we were done at the temple, it was off to Rockford for lunch with Hank and James-Neil.
After that, it was time to take Ellie over to my cousin Beth's house. Beth was going to be watching Ellie while Hank & Linda, James-Neil & Donna, Mom and I went to a concert in Rockford. Beth has 3 boys at home, and almost immediately Ellie was having a blast playing with her two youngest - Colton, and Brett. We left to the sounds of Ellie giggling in delight while Colton rolled down the grassy hill by his house. I was pretty sure she was going to have a blast. As for the rest of us, the concert was a lot of fun. This was only the 2nd concert I have ever been to, and it was great. Hank got us front row tickets, and the performances were great. I didn't realize all of the songs that Heart sang. Journey was as good, and I was amazed at how much their new lead singer sounds like Steve Perry. Anyway, like I said, I had a blast and hope to go to another concert in the near future. Although I hope that one day my ears will stop ringing. as it was quite loud.
On the way home, Hank and I both mentioned we were hungry, so we decided to stop a local tavern for a burger. So we did, and while we were there we texted Beth about Ellie. She had already sent us a picture of a sleeping Ellie, and so we asked if she could spend the night, since it was after midnight and we didn't want to wake her up. Beth said yes, and we will pick her sometime tomorrow morning. That about sums up our day. Tomorrow should be a pretty chill day, as we have no plans. I am sure I will go running and do some 4-wheeling, but other than that, I have no idea what lies in store. Maybe a good thunderstorm.
No comments:
Post a Comment