Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Roping Cattle

Today was a pretty nice day. Of course I am exhausted, but what can you expect when I went to bed at 3:30 in the morning. It didn't help things that Ellie woke-up around 5:30 to go the bathroom or decided to wake-up at 7:30 in the morning, but she was feeling better and that was the important thing.

Around 9:00 this morning I asked Ellie wanted she wanted to do. She told me she wanted to go see a temple. I suggested Portland and she told me that she had already seen that one. The next closest one is the Seattle temple, which is about 170 miles away. I told her we could go, but we would have to drive for awhile. She told me that she wanted to go. So I told Kristi I would take her two oldest for the day. Kristi told me that would be great, but that the kids had a Primary activity in an hour.

So I got Ellie ready and we went over to the activity with Kristi and the kids. They had set-up a carnival type thing with a bunch of different activities for the kids. Plus the kids were able to play on the playground since it was at the park. Ellie only tried one thing - the bull lasso. Someone had made a sawhorse and put a bulls head on it. The object was to try and lasso it. Ellie tried it once, and that was more than enough for her. Then it was off to the playground for the next 30 minutes or so.


We got back from the park, and ate lunch. Kristi made some pizza dough and then fried it up, and seasoned it. I thought it was quite lovely. Anyway, I asked Ellie what she wanted to do, and she told me she wanted to go for a ride to the temple with Nicole. Nicole said she wanted to go, and we asked Tyler but he said no.

I loaded the two girls up and we drove to the Seattle. Ellie fell asleep almost immediately, so Nicole watched Monsters Inc. and we drove a little over 2 hours to the temple. Just before we got there, Ellie woke-up and struck up a conversation with Nicole about Monsters Inc. She explained that Sully and Mike are nice monsters and that Randall is a mean monster. Anyway, we got to the temple and spent about half an hour walking around and getting pictures. It was a little strange, since they were doing some sort of construction on the temple while it was open. Ellie and Nicole were really cute as they walked almost everywhere holding hands.

After that, we got into the car and drove back home. It took us a little longer to get home than it took us to get there. Traffic was a little heavier, plus Ellie threw up right after we left. I think it was because she drank a huge cup of Gatorade right after we left the temple, and her stomach wasn't ready to handle that. She was fine the rest of the drive home, and has been for the rest of the night.

The last thing happened was Family Home Evening. Kristi gave a great lesson on the song "I am a Child of God." Then she helped the kids make mobiles talking about Heavenly Father and families. Since I believe this was one of Ellie's first Family Home Evenings, she wasn't all that into it. She was more into playing with the toys. However she eventually came around and fun using scissors for the first time while cutting things out for the mobile.

And that in a nutshell is my day. Ellie is in bed and I am watching Anchorman with Ben & Kristi, and I am sure there is some NCAA 10 in my future tonight as well. Tomorrow my mom shows up and I will be picking her up with Ellie and Nicole. Then tomorrow night I get to play hoops with Ben. Other than that, there isn't a lot on the schedule.

Today's stats... 360 miles, 1 almost better child, and 1 temple. Fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment